This episode is a bit different. I have two guests today, both of whom are new-ish bloggers who have worked hard and seen amazing results in their first months of blogging.
Lily -> 9k views/month in 3 months, 2-3 podcast bookings, 1k+ Twitter followers….and she also brings in roughly $7k/month just from her AirBnB rental(!)
Ms FAF -> 17k views/month in 4 months, incredible engagement on every single post, and she has incredibly helpful monthly blog reports.
We chat about
- How these 2 ladies have helped each other grow their blog traffic and engagement.
- The supreme importance of real-world blogging relationships
- How bloggers over-emphasize traffic and analytics
- Is having paid software really going to make a dent in accomplishing your goals?
- Gender/ race opportunities and limitations in blogging (why isn’t anyone talking about this?)
Listen to my conversation with Lily and Ms. FAF.
ShowNotes and Links Mentioned.
- Lily’s blog, The Frugal Gene (show her some love!)
- Ms FAF’s blog, Frugal Asian Finance (show her some love!)
- Ms FAF’s blog traffic reports (they’re helpful as heck)
- Frugalwoods – personal finance blog
- The Frugal Girl – personal finance blog (can you tell these peeps are frugal yet?)
- Financial Samurai – personal finance blog (Sam is a master. His episode on the Noah Kagan podcast is a great listen)
- Dayne Shuda (also an upcoming podcast guest by the way!)
- Glen Allsop (Viperchill, Gaps.com, and Detailed.com) I love this guy.
- Rosemarie Groner – Founder of $100k/month blog Busy Budgeter (I interviewed her here!)