Instagram is TOTALLY that platform that I know I need to spend more time on, but every time I do–I’m wondering if I’m doing the right thing.
- This content doesn’t seem to be working…
- Stories are fun, but only a handful of people view them…
- Literally nobody is finding me based on hashtags, etc.
Whelp, my friend Kaila is an Instagram consultant & strategist (she just got our mutual friend Natalie, who will be on this podcast later this month, to 10k followers!)
She’s here to answer ALL of my Insta questions. We cover a T O N of content is this one.
- What to put in your bio.
- How to use links
- How to be DISCOVERABLE (I wasn’t lol)
- What type of content works best?
- STORIES! Lots of tips and tricks here.
- and more.
Listen to my episode with Kaila Ruan:or listen on Apple Podcasts \\ Google Podcasts \\ Spotify
Here are the personal notes I took during this interview:
Instagram resources & tools mentioned:
- Kayla’s Instagram profile.
- My Instagram profile!
- SmarterQueue – What I use for scheduling ALL my social media, but it works really well for Instagram
- Later – I’ve heard great things about this scheduling tool as well.
I won’t lie, even after chatting with Kaila, I’ve still found it tough to overhaul a strategy for IG. It’s definitely work!
Have you found any systems that have made IG growth easier?
Share em in the comments!
Special thanks to today’s sponsor, Freshbooks!
- Online business?
- Blogger w/ expenses and revenues?
Freshbooks is for you! It’s an incredible tool, AND it’s thanks to them the DYEB podcast is possible–so go show them some love!
Head to Freshbooks.com/doyouevenblog and enter DO YOU EVEN BLOG in the “how did you hear about us” section.
Thanks for this guide, I listened to the episode and followed ur notes to do my first instagram post and properly configure my bio. Prior to this episode I avoided instagram altogehter, thanks again for the notes and podcast episode!
But of course! Thanks for being here Donovan 🙂
Thanks to this post I tried Later to schedule my social media posts and I got to love it immediately. I tried Pete’s recommendations from his article before (https://doyouevenblog.com/smarterqueue-review/), but nothing convinced me more than Later (sorry Pete!). You should definitely add that to you social media scheduler list, Pete! 🙂
Haha no offense taken Sarah. Later is gooooood.