Dan and Lindsay from Follow Your Detour have about done it all:
- Live in Costa Rica?
- Built a loyal, early audience?
- Successfully RV’d full-time while building a respectable blog?
- Sold courses, membership sites, self-published a book, and routinely landed quality paid sponsorships and comped travel?
Check check check.
In today’s show, these two share their story of growth!
Listen to my episode with Dan and Linsday from Follow Your Detouror listen on \\ iTunes \\ Stitcher \\ Google Play \\ Overcast \\ Spotify
Here are some fun points in the show I think you should note ?
Note: The minute timestamps are approximate. Sorry!
- 11:00 – Building an audience in the first 6 months—what to do
- 14:00 – Why making blogging friends is valuable
- 22:00 – Pitching tips!
- 25:00 – What goes on a good media kit?
- 30:00 – How you present yourself is everything
- 31:00 – How they grew an impressive Instagram following
- 40:00 – The modeling strategy (not copying)
And here’s a bonus takeaway for you 🙂
Model what others are doing–don’t copy.
Rather than copy/paste what other creators are doing, model your actions based on their strategies.
In other words–analyze and take careful note of “what they’re doing” to find success in their own business, and then spend the time and energy necessary to adapt it to your own style & needs.
Furthermore, remember that what worked for another creator may not work for you!
If you find yourself thinking “duh,” I’d encourage you to examine strategies you’ve attempted in the past and ask yourself whether you did more “copying” or “modeling.”
We’ve all been guilty of this before.
If you’re itching to learn more about grabbing sweet blog sponsorships, also check out my interview with Rachel from Joyful Derivatives. We talk about a ton of Instagram + sponsors there, too!