I’m Pete, and this is my favorite T-shirt:
So while I might spend my time taking care of 2 kids (aka future bloggers) and interviewing world-class bloggers and online entrepreneurs…it wasn’t always this way.
Would you believe I used to be a boring accountant?
Oh? You would? Oh. Right.
Well it’s true. Here’s the old me:
- I spent 6+ years in college in 5 different majors, not really knowing which direction to head in my life.
- I spent another 3 years getting a Masters in Accounting, passing the CPA exam, and jumping into Corporate America.
- I worked for some amazing companies, with equally amazing coworkers….but
I wasn’t myself. I was good at all my jobs (my bosses thought so at least, and that’s what counts…right?), but I always wanted more.
- I wanted to be location-independent.
- I wanted to travel with my family.
- I wanted to spend more time with my son (and now daughter).
- I wanted to be in charge of my own income stream.
So how’d I end up here?
In late 2016, I quit my full-time job earning $70k a year, and ventured into full-time entrepreneurship earning $0 a year.
Well, in guaranteed income at least.
First, you MUST know this…
This transition was hard. Hard for me, hard for my wife (and she’s super supportive), hard for my kids. We made sacrifices in order to make time for my own business ventures, and to be location-independent.
It was hard. Like, really hard.
But here I am. Producing content, interviewing interesting people…and trying to get paid for it 🙂
The Do You Even Blog mission statement
DYEB exists solely to help other people start and grow blogs, based on three key indicators:
All of DYEB’s channels, the blog, podcast, and YouTube channel exist to help you produce better content that changes people and brings in blog revenues. Everything we publish revolves around that.
Our common enemy: The enemy of the “Do You Even Tribe” is blog mediocrity.
Blog mediocrity is the uncertain phase most bloggers go through where they aren’t producing substantial revenues, and their blog is not growing as quickly as they’d like (or as quickly as they THOUGHT it would).
DYEB is designed to help existing bloggers push through blog mediocrity and come out alive, as well as help new bloggers set-up their blogs as to AVOID blog mediocrity as much as possible.
Here are a few of my favorite things!
My favorite interviews so far:
- Nick Loper from SideHustleNation.com
- Rosemarie Groner from The Busy Budger
- Neil Patel from QuickSprout
- John Lee Dumas from EoFIRE
- Jillian from Montana Money Adventures
My most shared post so far: 9 Game-Changing Blogging Takeaways from FinCon 2017
My most useful resource for starting a blog: Start here.
My favorite food: Pizza
My favorite booze: Whiskey
DYEB has been featured on…
- How Pete Used Facebook ads to go from ZERO conversions to $0.73 per subscriber – Monica Louie
- How to Afford a Life That Fits Your Purpose – Jessica Moorhouse
- How to build real relationships with powerful bloggers– Eden Fried
- Do You Even Lift Bro? I Mean, Blog – The Millennovator Podcast
- How and why you need to be in podcasting! – Well and Wealthy
Say hello to me!
Want to say hello? Email pete (at) doyouevenblog (dot) com and say hello!
If you’re using this page for media purposes, here’s an official bio [lol]:
Pete McPherson writes killer bio paragraphs. But when he’s not doing that, he’s a full-time husband and dad, idealistic entrepreneur, purple cow thinker, blogger, marketer, CPA, data nerd, STAR WARS nerd, web and iOS developer…and really fast typer. He spends his days teaching people how to blog better (doyouevenblog.com), as well as drafting and validating various project ideas.
And here’s an image or two you can use: